I am surprised people keep asking me to make them party mixes. I will put Elton John on there and I don’t think that’s what you were expecting.
- Work is going pretty well. I didn’t get paid yesterday but apparently none of the new staff get paid till next week, which is kind of sucky. But it’s fine work, I like that it’s short and formulaic and I don’t have to think about it when I’m not there. It’s just something I go to and do for a couple of hours and then go home and I (eventually) get paid for it.
- I have a question about Skyrim. I have bargained my eternal soul to so many Daedric Lords, how do they decide which one I will actually serve when I die? I mean, they’re really going to have to fight it out.
- My Skyrim character is way too fucking cool and wears a bizarre amalgamation of apparel that don’t go well together aesthetically at all. I like to think that this adds to the story of my character, who is a total rogue and just puts on shit she finds in caves, robs from mages or salvages from corpses. Skyrim is still pretty much the best game ever.
- I had McDonald’s for the first time in a long time today. I had a sweet chilli chicken wrap that was probably overpriced. The last time I had Maccas, as Australians say, was in Portland the night I went with Madison to the free clinic. My dress’ strap broke and I had to fasten it with a safety pin. While Madison was in seeing the doctor, I composed a love letter to him on his iPod Touch. When he came out, we went looking for the Fred Meyer’s by the baseball stadium so he could get antibiotics for free. Then we waited for the bus but it took forever so we got cheeseburgers and the bus came while we were eating so we walked back into the city and got on the train.
- Speaking of Madison, Álfheimr could really, really use donations right now. His music is fucking incredible and I’m not just saying that because I’m his girlfriend. I genuinely love the shit out of his music. All of his albums are on Bandcamp as “Pay what you feel.” Head over there and buy one. Here was written especially for me, What Allows Us to Endure is probably a masterpiece, Predatory Nature is too awesome for words and The Intrinsic Light will make you cry.
- I’m anxious for the timetabling thing at RMIT next Tuesday. I really don’t feel like being swamped but it looks like I’ve got upward of 6 different classes/labs/lectures/tutorials to attend, which could clash with working enough hours to actually make a living.
- I’m way behind everyone else in the world, but I finally listened to Adele’s 21 yesterday. Most of it’s not really my thing, but the two main songs ‘Rolling in the Deep’ and ‘Someone Like You’ are good. If only I was on top of things like the rest of the world. Now when I play these songs, everyone else will be like, “Old news.”
- So glad for a day off tomorrow. I am going to sleep in for as long as possible, assuming that god damn fire alarm doesn’t decide to randomly go off at 6am again.