Patron Saint of Bridge Burners new album isn’t as good as I thought it would be.
The lyricism, technique and production has improved, but man, doesn’t have the emotional power of Sorry.
I was worried about this; clearly I need to have another bad breakup. But seriously give it a listen anyway, this is the best I can do while not simultaneously wanting to kill myself.
Edit: I thought I’d add that I completely agree. I listened to some more new music and none of what I’ve made is anywhere near what I want it to be. I’ve been listening to lots of Phil Elverum and Jordaan Mason and the Horse Museum, and I think I really need to dig in deeper to make something I can really be proud of.
People don’t want to hear you sing about the shitty world, they just want you to sing about your shitty relationships.
Seriously, I prefer NWAASOB to Sorry., I find it more rounded and overall a more intense listening experience. ‘Symphorophilia’ is my jam.
- Tyrion: Hey Varys, I want to talk you about something.
- Varys: Look, forget about that. Remember how I was going to tell you before the battle how my balls got cut off?
- Tyrion: Yeah, but I'm not sure I really want to know now.
- Varys: Well, I'm gonna tell you anyway. So I was born as a slave and sold to a dude who I thought was probably a paedophile but ended up being a magician who cut off my balls for his religious magic ritual.
- Tyrion: OK, that's pretty awful.
- Varys: Yeah, it was. But hey, guess what! I've got that motherfucker right here in this box!
- Tyrion: What the fuck?
— My dad, on Angry Birds